When Is Healthy Eating Diet Important

By Antonio Khatemi

The first things to know about a healthy eating diet are the basic elements that should be included each day: protein, carbohydrates, fat, and fiber. Along with these elements often come vitamins and minerals. If you are eating correctly you should get all the salt, potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, copper, zinc chromium or selenium you'll need. If you're not, you can add supplements to your in a variety of ways.

So how do you know if your getting enough vitamins and minerals in your diet? It's different for every person and depends on what you like and most often eat as well as your physical make up - how tall you are and how much you weigh.

I've never been a fan of fad diets. I really don't even believe in them. No grapefruit, liquid or all-fruit or veggie diets for me! Keeping a balance diet is most important and can provide your body with all it needs to stay active and enjoy life.

My balanced diet is not just balanced in nutrients but it's balanced throughout the day too. Here's how it typically goes - 5:45 a.m. - Two scoops of High Protein Whey Rapid Absorption by ProtovWhey and sixteen ounces of water. - A whole grain raw almond sandwich with bananas. - Green tea is always ready to drink too. 9:30 a.m. - A six egg white, one egg yolk omelet stuffed with veggies. - Two pieces of whole grain chapatti. 11:30 a.m. - A vegetable drink mixing leafy green vegetables, one organic apple, one beet, and a scoop of whey protein in a blender. - Nordic Naturals Pro-Omega (1000 mg) and two fruit capsules. 2 p.m. - Another veggie shake before the gym and one after. - Half a banana plus two scoops of whey protein. Dinner - Salad and my favorite protein - egg whites. - Green tea. Before Bed - Glucosamine supplement. - ZMA supplement. - One more pro-omega. - Two vegetable capsules. And don't forget to drink at least eight glasses of water throughout the day!

Around 9:30 a.m. I have an omelet made with six egg whites and one egg yoke, plus two pieces of whole grain chapatti. The omelet is usually full of various vegetables, but no cheese. At 11:30 a.m. I have a special all-veggie drink that combines big leafy dark green veggies, one organic apple, one scoop of whey protein and one small beet. I blend it in a high speed blender and drink it with my daily supplements. These include Nordic Naturals Pro-Omega (1000 mg) and two fruit capsules. At 2 p.m., before I go to the gym, I have another shake and half of a banana with two scoops of whey protein.After they gym, I have another shake, again with two scoops of protein. Dinner is often a big salad and my protein of choice. For me that's egg whites. They work like a miracle, but any protein will do. Again, I have green tea throughout the day and at least eight glasses of water.

When I include these things in my daily diet, I can tell the difference. I sleep great and I wake up fresh and ready to get going each day. Another thing that helps me feel this way is exercise. I try to get in about 30 minutes of physical activity every day. It can be cardio, like aerobics or running, or something lighter like yoga or long walks. Stretching can be very beneficial too, and is usually necessary before more intense workouts. Keeping my body in good shape by way of a healthy diet and exercise keeps me out of the doctor's office, helps me feel good and enables me to do so much more. Too many people let their bodies deteriorate as they get older. Choose to stay in shape! Eat healthy. Be healthy. - 31875

Sign Up for our Free Newsletter

Enter email address here